The fashion world’s most famous makeup artist tells how to look fresh post-flight and nail the perfect cat eye. P&G’s jet-setting global creative design director is responsible for creating makeup looks at more than 25 shows per ready-to-wear season, plus a handful at couture. She’s done Prada for years, Dior for over a decade, and Dolce & Gabbana more than 13 years—a testament to her devoted designer fans.
A few tips from Pat:
- How i look gorgeous after a flight: Obviously use a gorgeous face mask, a good moisturizer, and maybe an eye mask during the flight. Have a nice foundation with you, an eye pencil in either black or brown, a pretty eye shadow, and mascara.
- For a fast touch-up, mix a lipstick with a little bit of balm to create a stain. You can also use your foundation as a concealer.
- When you put on foundation with a brush, it’s a heavy finish—but if you use a brush and then blend, it looks more like a moisturizer, and much prettier. Then add concealer—applied with a fine brush—to the problem areas afterward.
- The perfect cat-eye: The fatter the eyeliner, the easier it is to use. With a pencil, just draw the shape you like and clean up the mistakes with a bit of cleanser.
- When mascara gets cakey, comb through clumps with flossing brushes.
interview from elle.com