As you put away the last of your winter clothing and begin the process of updating your wardrobe for summer, why not also try a new piece of jewelry? Now is the perfect time to try eclectic styles and layering pieces that would otherwise get lost under a big winter jacket, a hat, and gloves.
We sat down with Nadine McKarthy Kahane, founder and chief executive officer of the Web-based jewelry site Stone & Stand , and Brooke Magnaghi, creative director, to get the scoop on what to wear this summer.
1. A number of long layered necklaces. “I particularly love Alison Lou’s pieces, which from far away look like regular old pendants but have a deeply infectious sense of humor when you get up close and personal,” said Nadine.
2. Who doesn’t love neon brights in the summer? “These Nora Kogan cube earrings practically glow in the dark,” Nadine added.
3. “We like to accessorize for a night out with a large statement piece and this silver sculptural ring by Lisa Linhardt will do the trick,” she said.
4. Simple studs are a staple for travel and for those fuss-free days. She chose these Elizabeth and James Gold Bird Studs.
5. “Nothing can be more personal than a collection of rings that each holds a special memory,” she added. “Lulu Frost’s Code Collection captures a lucky number or date in time, while Sabine G’s exquisite medieval pieces layer together in the most magnificent way.”
Are you thinking about buying a new piece for summer? I just had my ear pierced a few months ago at the helix and I’ve been thinking about buying a cute new earring (after my ear heals, ouch!).
Do you see a jewelry piece you love? How much jewelry do you wear on an average day?